#340 - The devil in me.
So, initially, I let my Id (Freudian Term for the Irrational Taint less behavior) do the picking. Was expecting something like, AMMAGAWD devil cool and stuff, y'know evil is cool and demons are awesome and all the cryptozoological creatures that capture our imagination. But, it was a whole different subject. It was about battle and conflicts with our selves. Alright, I thought, let's just pick something cooler and leave this lame and so totally unimpressive topic rot in hell(yes, I love that quote from my previous Tombstone assignment), but nah, let's give it a shot.
So, it's about this ex-Iraqi American soldier that couldn't stand being close to Middle Eastern and Muslim people, PTSD. He describes his experiences at Iraq and how he felt betrayed by the Iraqi population that he was protecting for attacking him. How completely one-sided I thought. But then again, it was about his conversion to a stereotypical Muslim-hating American to an unprejudiced man once again. Anyhow, this guy went back to the US hating Muslims to his guts and being terrified of approaching them. And he thought to himself: "My god, what have I become?" I LOVE that rhetorical question. And I decided to stick to this podcast. So, this guy joins the MSA (Muslim Student Association) and asks them to help him change his views about them. My mature self said, wow that is a good story. Humane and quite uncommon. Yes I do have a mature self. And this guy finally got over it, and his friends are now Muslim.
Following this story, is another story about inner voices that just take control of your decisions, the "Inner Devil" as they call it. Two people describe their stories, how real it was to them, how they manipulated, and how they won(or didn't) over this. Voices on how fat/thin they were, if they wanted 1 more drink/hash if they were alcoholics and such. This bit was humorous, had a chuckle or two over it.
Last story was about a guy that was born in a Christian family. His life was all about Christianity, but he then snapped out of it and realized, it's all a hoax. When he had the chance to communicate with a "possessed" lady, he realized furthermore, everything was a lie. Way to go, you've just climbed a ladder in the stages of evolution for your family genes!
What I liked about this, is the unusual stories they come up with. It was quite original and refreshing to hear these kind of people get over their inner struggles. I'd say they managed to capture my attention, because even they we're talking about a subject that you don't really think there's much to talk about, it kept going on quite smoothly. If it was staged, then it was a pretty damn good representation of a realistically surreal issue.
That concludes my Easter Assignment.
PS. I am VERY disappointed over you giving me a B. A Bee! Yes, you gave it to me! I earned something more than that. Yes, I might have slacked a bit, but whenever I turned homework in it was of superior quality. Admit it. If your expectations of me continue with this standards then I will fall into an eternal slumber, and that means no more creative assignments on my behalf for you to read. You don't want that now do you? You don't want to read Kako's creations only, which are of secondary quality now, do you? Huh?
Thought so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET_xYzQU8Dg <------ once again, dedicated to you. I know, I'm getting repetitive but I love this tune.

No comments:
Post a Comment