How stuff works- Episode 46
How Delta Force works.
Time: 20:05
Website: howstuffworks.com
Description:With the world's best weaponry, a shadowy legal status, and almost no oversight, Delta Force is the stuff of military legend. Check out this HowStuffWorks podcast to learn why Delta Force was created, and how this group works.
Why I picked this?
Well. Apart from having to do this uninteresting piece of homework, I'd say it's because it was a highly rated show, interesting discussions over interesting topics and, uh, Delta Force.(And the minimum time requirement kthx) Yes, super military anti-terrorist groups that leave you in total awe at their accomplishments and little 12 year old kids screaming their lungs out of their sheer awesomeness "COOL!" while those super-human Rambo freaks slit their enemies throats and destroy armies of millions, bare handed. That is the impression they leave.
Oh yea, Chuck Norris started in a Delta Force movie. Still not convinced? No?
It was quite interesting to know that this counter-terrorist group is one of the most flexible and lenient groups in the US army branches. They look like normal civilians, with the exception that they are super-human Rambo freaks that slit their enemies throats and destroy armies of millions, bare handed. They wear casual clothes. And the hosts were basically nerdy fans of them so it was oddly entertaining to hear them talk.
They also discussed previous missions they have failed or accomplished, including the "1984" hijack and the 2-clip method. 4 terrorists dead, 8 shots fired in 4 heads, 2 for each head with 100% accuracy. No casualties, no injured hostages. 100% efficient. How awesome is that? Those are some really insane people that are eager to kill with style. They recruit only and only the best. Maybe I should join too. Don't you think too Mr. White? (Yes, I am expecting an answer. Leave a comment)
Anyhow, my initial expectations of this podcast were proven false. It was quite interesting and I am planning to listen to their other 70 podcast, especially the one that's called "Is there a worse way to die?". Excuse me while I do. Have a good holiday, and take care!

1 comment:
I'm listening to this right now!!!
Yes join! Can you imagine how useful this would be at the next Apoel match?
Post a Comment