Isn’t that Right Jack?
Damn straight son.

1st day. Hofstra Hospital.
First time I try to draw him. Good picture in my opinion. Deserves full marks. But whatever happened to that English teacher? What was his name? Tim? Troy? Last time I wrote the perfect essay he would still mark is as a 18-19 out of 20. MY PERFECT ESSAY. I remember. Jack appeared that day. His eyes. His mouth. All dripping blood. Jack killed him. He destroyed his face. He bit pieces of his head and spat them. Forced his fingers in his eyes. And gnawed on the optic nerve. He ate him. In front of the other pathetic simpletons. I could remember their faces. The intimidation of the emperor. Absolutely disturbing. I could taste the blood. It’s like we have a spiritual bond or something.
Isn’t that right Jack?
Damn straight son.
Hmphf. Whats up with that wuss doctor that keeps looking at me. Terrified. Like I’ve entered inside his psyche and consumed it. Other patients won’t come near me. But I’ll behave. I don’t want to wear that stupid Christmas suit or whatever it is again. They keep injecting me with that substance. Even though sometimes the urge comes, I don’t quite wanna charge them All keeping their distances. I’ll manage. I’ve got Jack.
Even when they penetrate my skull with that needle he’s there for me. All the lobotomies. Still there. My agony is his agony. But they got the special weapon they say. Something that will fry my brain. Bring it on I say. Jack will protect me.
Isn’t that right brotha?
Damn straight son.
2nd Day. Hofstra hospital.
Hmmph. The atmosphere is different today. Something’s cooking in the kitchen. Jack’s feeling uneasy. I don’t like it. That huge security guard’s looking persistently. I guess the day has come. Amma give them a fight. Whatever it takes.
I hear the locks. They’re coming. Coming to my moisturized room with the beautifully decorated walls with mould. Heh, they’re hesitating to get in. I’m sure they brought a lot of tranquilizers. Looks like it’s a bunch of them. We’re gonna get them Jack. Together.
Ready Jack?
Here they come.
I don't... know.
Have I been gone from time? Have I dispersed from nothingness to an entity once again? Whatever happened to the shithole? Did it upgrade or something? No, it’s different. Everything’s different. Who are these people? They look familiar yet unknown. New staff? Jack? Jaack? Yep still here. Holding firm to my hand. Something wrong. I shouted “CURSE THEM, I STILL KNOW I AM HERE” but my jaw was so numb I could barely make any sense out of my voice. I feel numb. I feel devastated. A doctor walked in. With his notepad. Writing stuff. I was lying staring at the roof. I remember him. He could tell me what happen. I gained a momentary strength and stood up. I stared at him. He was petrified. I tried to speak to him with my eyes, it was useless since I could not feel my jaw. He lost his balance. Why was he afraid? I was talking to him. Before I could even stretch my hand to grab him, the security jumped in and forced me back on the bed. Together with some shots. As If it wasn’t enough that I felt half dead already.
Jack. He walked away. He just sits in the corner staring at the ground. Whats wrong with him? It’s not himself anymore. He looks… lifeless.
Jack? Everything going to be okay right?
Jack?
He simply glared at me weakly, I saw melancholy. A dark swirling void. Like we we’re apart. Then he stared at the floor again, specifically at a small stain of blood. Nostalgic.
Jack. Although we’re apart, you’re still a part of me… Don’t give up to them weaklings.
Jack?
Damn… you…
Hatred… he said. Hatred. I let him down. I am sorry. I terribly sorry. But you can’t leave me like this. I will make up for this Jack. Whatever it takes. I will die along with you.
I am dieing. Jack is dieing. My soul is crumbling.
What have they done to me?
It doesn't matter.
20,000 years. Trapped in a black hole. Waiting for a tear of light to resurrect me. Everything sucked in. All hope… such a nuisance. It doesn’t matter. It’s all calm. Tranquility. I savor the moment. The moment I have died. I am a planar entity and I am still floating around. Only my body is the wall that keeps me in. It is indestructible. My hands are made of dust. I keep hitting it and scratching it. The pain is real. Is the wall real? My nails come off. I still have my head. But it turns me into liquid sodium. The wall is indestructible. Just before I struck the final hit, I felt needles. I’m still a part of this world aren’t I? So many vague memories, so many vague feelings. I don’t feel destroyed enough to cry. But thats proof that I’m destroyed already? Rhetoric questions. I can still make them. So lost. So petty. So insignificant. The universe is incomprehensibly large. I am floating in space. Stars are fading… away.
I have lost someone important. Someone transparent. But I don’t know who. Why was he important.?
It was lost in the dust of time. Unimportant detail.
Unimportant detail.
Unimportant Detail...
Unimportant Detail…
Unimportant… Detail…

No comments:
Post a Comment