Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Above & Beyond

Above & Beyond a.k.a Oceanlab is an British Trance/Progressive band. Formed in 2000 by Jonathan "Jono" Grant,Tony McGuiness and Paavo Siljamäki. They are currently in their top form and have worked with many great vocalists, including Justine Suissa and many other great DJ producers (such as Armin Van Buuren). Their first album, Anjuna Beats Vol. 1, was the album that was forwarded by Pete Tong and Paul Van Dyke, thus boosting their popularity to what they are today.

Due to the lack of recognition from the Music awards, as they usually promote the typical Commercial junk of "Cascada" they haven't won many awards. Despite that they are currently hitting the top 10 Dj's in the world in a survey called by DJ Mag and have been there for the past 2 years. They have still many spots to rise and it is not unlikely that they will hit #1 in the following years.

Above & Beyond compose Trance & Progressive songs that appeal to the Trance community, under the "pop culture's" radars. Their songs are exclusively for Trance followers. What I love about their songs is the incredible depth that I can detect within their beats. It speaks to me with words that I cannot express verbally, a euphoric orgasm should be the word that I'm looking for. Sweet melodies with angelic vocals and of course lots of bass, an overwhelming combination for me.



I couldn't care less for a music video. "Oceanic" is a song that can provoke my imagination and alter my mood incredibly. As the theme suggests, you can easily picture the unfathomable depth of the sea and the oceanic blue in the tune. I had a hard time choosing my favorite A&B song as all of them are great , for me that is, so I came up with the first one I found when I typed "Above & Beyond" on youtube. Note that it is by no means my favorite Trance song.



PS. Trance is not for everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ise poushtis! well done ... nice blog

Anonymous said...

ton pernis apo piso